- Minimize the cycle time in receiving projected and actual demand information.
- Establish the monitoring of actual demand for product to as near a real time basis as possible.
- Minimize or eliminate information queues that create information flow delays.
- Eliminate incentives for customers that directly cause demand accumulation and order staging prior to a replenishment request, such as volume transportation discounts.
- Minimize incentivized promotions that will cause customers to delay orders and thereby interrupt smoother ordering patterns.
- Offer your products at consistently good prices to minimize buying surges brought on by temporary promotional discounts.