- Creation of an open environment that propelled people to give suggestions and feedback. This was a continuous way to improve the current system without any additional expenditure.
- Responsibility and Accountability
- They followed an approach of strategizing around adding value to their customers. This in itself gave the organization staff and employees better direction.
- Eliminating waste within the organization
- Embedding quality within the processes itself and hence improving their productivity in achieving effective patient care
1)Going Lean in Health Care. IHI Innovation Series white paper. Cambridge, MA: Institute for Healthcare Improvement; 2005. (Available onwww.IHI.org)