- First, the any-to-any platform extends value to trading partners immediately. This platform has also cut costs associated with testing and infrastructure maintenance.
- Second, the streamlined procurement processes have enhanced automation and collaboration and have helped to protect the confidentiality of pricing agreements.
- Lastly, the E2open solution has enabled the convergence of physical and digital supply chain networks to enhance control over operating system software activation keys and to reduce the risk of error or fraud.
Taken together, these innovative cloud-based solutions promise to improve Lenovo’s operational performance—particularly from the customer perspective—with significant potential to drive lower costs.
A Focused Plan:
Advanced Cloud Platform Simplifies Supplier Management and Facilitates Collaborative Supply Chain Execution
- Reduced on boarding time by 85%
- Reduced IT costs by 53%
- Reduced IT management costs associated with supplier integration by 70%
- Faster supplier adoption due to lower costs and ease of doing business
- Global availability with reliable performance and rapid change management
- Complete automation and tracking of the order-to-cash and procure-to-pay processes
- Elimination of the need for manual touches and data aggregation
- Support for discrete orders and blanket orders/scheduling agreements
- Purchase order (PO) collaboration between Lenovo and its suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Confidential pricing agreements with key suppliers
- Improved cash conversion cycle
- Strengthened market competitiveness through reduced purchasing costs of core commodities
- Improved supply assurance and supply allocation abilities
- Cycle time on supplier responses reduced from hours to minutes