- Welcoming third-party sellers
- Implementing long-term free shipping programs
- Sellers send products to Amazon. You send your products – new or used – to Amazon’s FCs.
- Amazon stores the products. Amazon intakes, catalogs and stores your products safely in its network of FCs.
- Customers order the products. Customers order your products on Amazon.com or other sales channels registered with Amazon’s FBA program.
- Amazon fulfills the product order. Amazon fulfills the order on your behalf, picking, packaging and shipping it to its final destination.
- Customer Service. Amazon’s excellent customer service team takes responsibility for all customer service related issues – including inquiries, refunds, returns and more.
- Products in the Amazon FBA program have access to Amazon Prime members and are eligible for free Super Saver Shipping
- Products have a higher probability of winning the almighty Buy Box
- Exclusive access to last-minute holiday shoppers
- Amazon helps take care of retailer's customers by handling shipping, issues, returns and gift wrapping
- Lower-cost fulfillment to international customers
- FBA can fulfill orders from other sales channels via its multi-channel fulfillment feature such as eBay, Newegg etc.