What is lean software development?
The concepts of the lean manufacturing are applied for various kinds of domains like lean supply chain, lean enterprise, lean solutions, and lean consumption. Recently, lean software development becomes popular in the IT industry. The book of the same name was written by Mary Poppendieck and Tom Poppendieck in 2003. The most famous methodology of lean software development is agile software development that is based on iterative and incremental development in a short term, wherein requirements and solutions evolve through team-collaborations. For example, in agile software development, a small group comprising 3-5 members develops software quickly by trial and error. Reflecting the reactions from customers and repeating this short-term development process, the developing software reaches the client’s ideal.
Source:Lean Software Development
- An aim to streamline processes
- A customer-focused concept
- A rapid responses to change
What kinds of projects are suitable for lean software development?
- Do you have system development experience based on lean software development?
- Please think about pros/cons regarding lean software development.
- What is the major difference between lean manufacturing and lean software development?